The content and conditions of the contract shall conform to those specified for each tour itinerary, conditions as specified here under, the final itinerary handed to clients before departure (herein after referred to as the (Final Tour Itinerary), and Organized Tours as described in My Tokyo Guide Inc. (here after referred to as MTG) general terms and conditions as based on the Travel Agency Law.
1. Prices: Price quotations are subject to change without notice. If for any reason the price quoted is not correct, the team at My Tokyo Guide will contact you for authorization. Tips/gratuities, taxes, baggage or personal insurance, beverages or food not described in the product's description and all other purchases of a personal nature are not included. When tour costs (transportation, hotels etc.) have risen, MTG reserves the right to revise the tour fare accordingly. MTG also reserves the right to alter part or the entire tour itinerary in case of natural or artificial disturbance beyond MTG's control.
2. Payment: All tours must be pre-paid except otherwise stated. We accept payment by Visa or Master-Card or by Wire Bank transfers When making a bank transfer, it is the customer's responsibility to bear the transaction fee levied by the bank. For overseas payment through banks, It is the customer's responsibility to ensure that the foreign remittance service fee of ¥4,000 is paid for and not levied by the receiving party. Payment takes between 3-5 days after confirmation of reservation, however in the case of an urgent issuance of ticket prompt payment is required. There will be an processing fee of ¥800 per transaction for all Visa and Master-card transactions.
3. Items included in the Tour: Please note that the items included in the tour fare are only those as specified in the itinerary. Meals: Only the meals specified in the itinerary. Railways: Tourist-class reserved seats on JR Shinkansen from Odawara to Tokyo (for operational reasons, depend on availability, tourist-class non-reserved seats may be used instead of tourist-class reserved seats.) Admission: To all points of interest in each itinerary. Escort service: An English-speaking guide services are provided during sightseeing and transfers. For transfers involving Shinkansen from Odawara to Tokyo, a conductor or guide will not accompany the tour. An English-speaking assistant will be provided for pick-up and return services but an assistant will not accompany depending on operational reasons. In principle, MTG will not make refunds for the above fare even if clients choose not to use the relevant services.
4. Items not included in the Tour: Meals and beverage unless mentioned, baggage handling or transfer, laundry, telephone and any other expenses of a personal nature. Charges and expenses other than those specified in the preceding article are not included either.
5. Cancellation Fee / Refund: Except otherwise stated, Tours, Packages, Airport Transportation or any product cancelled for personal reasons (a cancellation notice is received by MTG) or without due notice are subjected to a cancellation fee according to the following scale:
*NOTE 1. Cancellation requests are processed during regular business hours. Any requests made after 5:00PM (Japan Time) will be considered received on the following business day. 2. If you choose to change any tour details, this will be considered as a cancellation of an existing booking, and the applicable cancellation fee will apply.
6. Handling Fees: MTG may request handling fees below.
(1) Booking of transportation and accommodation facilities up to 20% of travel costs.
(2) Amending reservations up to ¥2,500 per change (transportation, accommodation and other facilities)
in addition to the charges or penalties which suppliers charge to MTG.
(3) Cancelling reservations up to ¥2,500 per cancellation in addition to the charges or penalties stated above.
(4) Should there be any expenses as cancellation charges, penalties, etc. which MTG has already paid or will have to pay for services not provided because of tour cancellation, said expenses shall be borne by the client.
7. MTG Responsibility and Exemptions:
(1) When MTG has made arrangements with good faith to fulfill the customer's requests for arrangement, the MTG's obligations under an Arranged Tour Contract shall be deemed as being fulfilled. Thus, failing to make booking due to lack of vacancies or to meet the customer's requests, etc. does not constitute any liability of MTG as long as MTG performed its obligations in a proper manner.
(2) MGT shall not be liable for damages incurred by the client due to such reasons as natural disaster, war, disturbances, accident, fire, acts of government, and alteration or cancellation of tour itinerary due to such causes, accidents occurring during clients' free activities, food poisoning, theft, delays, stoppages, alteration of schedule and route in relation to transportation facilities, congestion of traffic and any cause beyond the control of MTG and / or agents in charge of tour arrangements.
8. Liability of Client: MTG shall require the client to indemnify MTG for losses caused by a Client's willful negligence or fault.
9. Travel Advisories and warnings:
(1) It is the responsibility of the Client to make necessary preparations including, but not limited to, passport, Visa and other requirement.
(2) Travel insurance is strongly recommended.
10. Others: (1) The client shall pay the expenses incurred when he or she asks for the personal accompaniment of a tour conductor for such purposes as guiding, shopping, etc., costs arising from client injury or illness, the return of lost baggage or articles left behind owing to personal negligence, as well as changes incurred by independent activity.
(2) The client shall accept all responsibility for decisions regarding individual purchases at souvenir shops even when MTG or its local operators introduce shops.
(3) Tour fare shall not be refunded when Mt. Fuji is not visible.
(4) Other matters are subject to the MTG Tour Contract, including related tour documents presented separately.
(5) Clients who require special attention for reasons of which MTG could not be aware such as allergies, previous illnesses, chronic diseases and so on, shall notify and discuss this matter with MTG before submitting the tour application.
Any booking made with My Tokyo Guide will be governed by and subject to the Terms and Conditions and by the construed in accordance with the laws of Japan. No variation to these Terms and Conditions shall be of any effect unless made in writing by and with the authority of My Tokyo Guide Inc.